6844, 6943, and 6944 North Lake Blvd.,
Tahoe Vista, California 96148
North Shore Lake Tahoe, California
The Franciscan Condominium Development
is a lakefront development located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Tahoe Vista, California community. The Franciscan Lakeside Lodge is located approximately 1.5 miles west of the Highway 267 and Highway 28 interchange in Kings Beach, CA.
The Franciscan Lakeside Lodge is a small lakefront development in North Lake Tahoe with approximately sixty-four (64) units (63 owner owned units), of which eleven (11) are lakefront units. The complex is half on the lakeside of Highway 28 and half on the non-lakefront or mountainside of Highway 28. There are thirty-two (32) lake-side units in the development (these units are located on the lake side of Highway 28 and include the lakefront units) and thirty-one (32) units are located on the mountain-side (non-lakefront portion of the development, which is the mountain-side location of Highway 28). All owners get to use all of the lakefront amenities in the development even if their unit is located on the non-lakefront area of the property.
The Franciscan complex was originally developed as a motel, and then converted into a motel cooperative, and then into a condominium, which is the current legal status of the Franciscan. The Franciscan is a unique development because of their owner usage restrictions. Full-time occupancy is not permitted, only vacation, or part-time owners, as owners are limited to using their units to fourteen (14) consecutive days at a time.
The Franciscan complex has a full-time, on-site vacation rental desk on the property. Owners are not required to be on the vacation rental program, but if they vacation rent their unit, they need to use the on-site property manager.
Placer County records show that the property was built in the 1960's - 1970’s. Most of the units in the complex are smaller and are either a studio, one (1) bedroom, or two bedroom floor plans, but there is one four (4) bedroom unit in the development.
Some of the amenities Th Franciscan Condo development offers their owners are a beautiful sandy beach area, shared pier, and buoy rental use. The pool is located on the non-lakefront side of the development, along with a playground area.
Located close to Kings Beach on the North Lake Tahoe, the Franciscan condo development is close to the golf course, shopping, restaurants, Northstar Ski Resort, and the Nevada State line and all of the recreational activities the Lake Tahoe area has to offer.
Ready to start your The Franciscan Condominium property search? Click on the link below to see if there are any units for sale. If you don't find what Tahoe property you are looking for, call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you.
Want to know what your Franciscan condo is worth?
The Franciscan Condominium Complex Features:
- Lakefront Development with lakefront units/location and non-lakefront (across Hwy 28) location units
- Shared Pier
- Buoy Option (The HOA has 16 Buoys Available on a First Come-First Served Basis for an Additional Fee)
- Sandy Beach
- Seasonal Heated Pool (Summer Use)
- Club House Room
- Picnic - BBQ Area
- Playground Equipment
- Volleyball Area
- Eleven (11) Lakefront Condos
- Thirty-Two (32) Lakeside Units
- Thirty-Two (32) Non-lake side Units
- Lake View Condos
- Non-lakefront Location Units with a Forest/Garden/Meadow Condos
- Studio, One (1), Two (2), Three (3), Four (4), and Five (5) Bedroom Floor Plans
- 64 Units in the complex (63 are individually owned)
- Development is approximately +/- 3 Acres per Placer County Records
- Built in: Built between 1966 - 1973
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium
- Usage restrictions apply to all owners. Owners are restricted to only being able to use the unit 14 consecutive days in a row (zoning/HOA restriction). Owners are not allowed to occupy the units on a full-time basis.
- Owners are not required to vacation rent their unit, but can do short-term rentals.
- Pets (Owners who participate in the Rental Program are prohibited from having any pets in their units). Those owners that want to have a pet on-site must follow the HOA rules and are severely restricted. No Pets for vacation renters.
- The Franciscan HOA can restrict reconstruction and remodeling of units.
- HOA Fee Includes: Water, Electrical, Gas, Sewer, Trash, Snow Removal, Insurance, Property Maintenance. Monthly HOA fees are subject to change and owners need to be prepared for annual expenses to increase.
- Owners are responsible for their own property taxes in additional to the monthly HOA fee.
- HOA fees vary based upon the actual square footage/floor plan configuration of the unit. For example:
- Studio unit the monthly HOA fee is approximately $410/month (For the Year: 2017)
- One (1) bedroom unit the monthly HOA fee was approximately $616/month (For the Year: 2017)
- Two (2) bedroom unit was approximately $821/month (For the Year: 2017).
- The actual fee will vary depending on the size and floor plan configuration.
- HOA Special Reserve Assessment was put in place and will run for approximately 48 months ending March 2017. Actual special reserve assessment will vary by the unit size. Currently the Special reserve assessment is being used for new windows.
- $84 (Studio)
- $127/month (1 bedroom)
- $169/month (2+bedrooms).
- Buoy Cost - Additional Fee to use Buoys - $500 for the season, or $10/day, subject to availability (Fees for: 2017)
- HOA Transfer Fee: Unknown.
Check out the pictures of the Franciscan Condominium Development Here:
See the Franciscan Condo current real estate MLS listings here:
Overview and summary of this complex completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
Cal BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.