Tahoe Donner, Truckee, California, 96161
The Tahoe Donner is a Planned Unit Development (PUD) in Truckee, California located approximately three (3) miles north-west of Historic Downtown Truckee and was established in 1971.
If you don't want to ski at the Tahoe Donner Ski Resort in the community you're only twelve (12) miles south to either the Village at Northstar Ski Resort, or the Village at Squaw Valley.
Thinking about a day at the beach? Check out the private Tahoe Donner Beach area just two miles from the entrance of Tahoe Donner and you'll find that you're only fifteen (15) miles to the public beaches of Lake Tahoe in Tahoe City or seventeen (17) miles to Kings Beach.
Tahoe Donner is one of the largest PUD's in the United States with +/- 6,500 properties, +/- 25,000 members, and over 68 +/- miles of private roads within the subdivision. The Tahoe Donner community is located in Nevada County in incorporated Truckee, CA.
As of the end of 2015 approximately +/- 89% of the development is built-out. Over +/- 80% of the property owners are second home/condo owners. Tahoe Donner has over +/- 7,000 acres (over 4,000 acres of common area and +/- 45 miles of trails), with twenty-six (26) buildings and over 120 acres of skiable area at the Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort area.
The Tahoe Donner is a mountain community that offers recreational facilities and events for their members and the public. While most facilities are open to the public for a single use fee, there are some facilities that are only for Tahoe Donner members. Tahoe Donner public recreational facilities include a downhill and cross country ski resort areas, a championship 18-hole golf course, equestrian center, and campground. Tahoe Donner also has private recreational facilities that are for member-only & guest use and include tennis courts, hiking trails, pools (seasonal and year-around use), a beach club marina at the east end of Donner Lake and a fitness center.
The Tahoe Donner community has new, and newer, larger mountain style homes, along with smaller older cabins, along with a variety of condos developments. All properties must meet the Tahoe Donner Architectural Standard Review community standards, along with maintaining the property to those standards. You will find a variety of high-end mountain style homes ranging from the traditional mountain lodge style to mountain contemporary in this community.
If you are looking to buy into the Tahoe Donner community, you'll find a variety of settings ranging from spectacular mountain and valley views, views of the Tahoe Donner Ski Resort, golf course, pond, season creeks/rivers, meadows, and forest settings.
The Tahoe Donner area is known for its easy year-around access, the larger lot sizes, nice wide streets, and the large selection of properties that are available at any one given time. As a potential buyer for the Tahoe Donner community you'll be impressed with financial management of the how well run the community is run with access to their financial information on their website.
Tahoe Donner has seen their home owner fees increase each year, however for 2017 their fee will remain unchanged at $1,900. As a property owner you'll find there is a lot of value for the size and diversity of recreational amenities they offer for their home owners.
Tahoe Donner homes for sale are very desirable because of their close proximity to downtown Historic Truckee, Donner Lake, Northstar Ski Resort, Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows, and the entire North Lake Tahoe area. Tahoe Donner is where you'll enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle and all of the outdoor recreational activities our area has to offer such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
The Tahoe Donner area is a favorite mountain home community for second home owners and it is a great place to live all year long!
Ready to start your Tahoe Donner Tahoe real estate property search?
See all of the Tahoe Donner area homes listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call - Laura Allen 530.414.1260 I'm here ready to help you too!
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale with a Pond - Lake View
Tahoe Donner Lots and Land for sale
Tahoe Donner Community Association Details:
- Tahoe Donner is located in incorporated Truckee, Nevada County in the state of California, zip code 96161
- Elevation at the entrance (Base) to Tahoe Donner is approximately 6,750 feet above sea level with the top elevation 7,350 feet above sea level.
- Approximately +/- 6,472 Properties
- 5,791 Single Family Lots (4,983 lots have been developed, or 86%)
- 127 Multiple Family Lots (114 lots have been developed, or 89.7%)
- Approximately +/- 7,000 Acres
- +/- 4,000 Acres of common area and +/- 45 miles of trails within the subdivision
- +/- 25,000 members
- +/- 80% are second home/condo owners
- Over 68+/- miles of private roads in the subdivision
- 26 Tahoe Donner Buildings
- Zoning in the area: Single Family, Condominium, Townhouse, Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal System for owners comes in the form of a lock box system, with multiple boxes locked in a single location for residents to pick up, however prospective buyers should see HOA policy on US Mail Box Service
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, electricity, or solar.
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Truckee Donner Public Utility District (TDPUD).
- Sewer - All properties in the Tahoe Donner area must be tied into the Tahoe Truckee Sanitary Agency (TTSA) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Donner area.
- Pets are allowed, but there are pet owner rules so you'll want to check out the CC&R's, ByLaws, and House Rules for more information.
- Limited Property Fencing is allowed to accommodate dogs, but you can not fully fence in your area. You'll want to check with the Tahoe Donner Architectural Standard Review Committee before building any fencing
- Rentals - Short-term vacation rentals and and long-term rentals of more than 30 days are permitted
- Tahoe Donner Amenities:
- Public - Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area - 51 trails, some dog friendly trails located at Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Public - Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area - Over 120 Acres of Skiable Area with 2 chair lifts, 3 surface lifts, +12 trails
- Public - SnowPlay - Located on a hill next to the Trout Creek Recreational Center
- Public - Tahoe Donner 18-Hole Golf Course, 7,002-yards, par 72, located on over +/- 200 acres
- Pubic - Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center
- Public - Tahoe Donner Trail System - Over +/- 45 miles of trails/fire roads
- Public - Tahoe Donner Campground - seasonal access
- Public - Tahoe Donner Bikeworks - seasonal located Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Public - Tahoe Donner Recreational Programs and Entertainment Events - movies, music concerts, holiday/seasonal events and more
- Private - Trout Creek Recreational Center - fitness center, classes, adult lap pool (year-around), recreational pool (seasonal), steam room, spas, massage program personal training, and playground equipment
- Private - Northwoods Pool - Seasonal next to the Tennis Center
- Private - Tahoe Donner Tennis Center - Seasonal Amenity - 11 hard courts, 2 pickleball courts, one kids court, two practice areas, a ball machine, and pro shop. In addition there is a viewing area
- Private - Beach Club Marina - East End of Donner Lake - boat ramp, sandy beach, changing rooms, cafe, along with a variety of water sport equipment for rent (Stand up Paddle Boards (SUP), kayaks, pedal boats, wind surfers, and Hobie Waves)
- Private - Kids Club at Trout Creek - Child care and programs
- Tahoe Donner Mandatory Home Owner Association (HOA) - All property owners are members of the Tahoe Donner, which means if you're in a condo/townhouse complex you'll have two HOA fees, one for Tahoe Donner and one for the complex.
- Tahoe Donner HOA - $1,900/year (For the Year: 2017) and covers common area maintenance, private road maintenance, snow removal on roads.
- The annual fee covers four ID Member cards for qualified individuals. Home owners may purchase up to four (4) additional member passes for $100 each. A total of eight (8) member passes on a property.
- Your member ID identifies you as a Tahoe Donner member and affords you access to the private and public facilities at Tahoe Donner at the member rate when applicable. Each property owner is also entitled to a maximum of two (2) transferable guest cards for use by property owner's guest to can access to the Tahoe Donner Private facilities. Additional fees may apply to members and/or guest. Up to four (4) guests may gain access on a single transferable guest card.
- Tahoe Donner also offers and additional Recreational Fee - $270/year (For the year: 2017).
- This allows up to four (4) individuals unlimited access to all private amenities this includes Trout Creek, Beach Club Marina, Northwoods Pool, Tennis, and Snowplay. This additional recreational fee allows up to 4 members entrance into the facilities with out having to pay the daily entrance fee of $8/day (For the year: 2016) - unlimited access through-out the year.
- Owners who choose to not purchase the additional Tahoe Donner Recreational can still access these facilities, but will pay a single use daily fee ($8/day for 2016) fee for each facility accessed each time. You'll also pay a fee for guests, or for members with out the additional recreation fee.
Tahoe Donner Property Transfer Fee of $385 (For the Year: 2016) when property changes ownership
- Design Review Committee - If you are building a new home, you'll have to work with the Architectural Standards Committee
- Tahoe Donner Home Owner Property Inspection Program - as part of the sale a Tahoe Donner Property, a Property Inspection will take place on the property. Corrective action may need to take place with the work being done by either the current owner, or passing on to the new owner. This is a negotiated item between buyer and seller. If it is not addressed in the purchase contract any corrective action will become the responsibility of the new property owner to correct.
- Tahoe Donner Forestry Program - as part of the sale of a Tahoe Donner Property Inspection may need to take place. Items noted for correction may need to be completed by the current owner, or transfer to the new owner for correction. If it is not addressed in the purchase contract any corrective action will become the responsibility of the new property owner to correct.
Check out these photos on Tahoe Donner Here!
Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, California - Real Estate MLS Listings :
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, California - Real Estate MLS Listings :
FREE Market Analysis for your Tahoe Donner!
Call Laura Allen at 530-414-1260 for a confidential consultation.
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®, CRS
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304 - Tahoe City, CA 96145
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.