Tahoe City California
Tahoe City California, 96145 is located on both the West Shore and North Shores of Lake Tahoe, CA
Tahoe City, California
is one of more popular and well-known established mountain communities in the greater Lake Tahoe area. Tahoe City is just over 100 years old, as the community just celebrated its 100 year anniversary Labor Day Weekend in 2013.
Tahoe City is a unique community as it is located on both the West Shore and North Shore areas of Lake Tahoe, CA.
The commercial heart of Tahoe City is located at the "Y", which is the junction of Highway 28 and Highway 89 South, and runs long Highway 28, and most of the downtown area is technically located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe City runs approximately three (3) miles South on Highway 89 South on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe ending in Hurricane Bay area and approximately three (3) miles east on Highway 28 on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe ending just past Dollar Point at Chinquapin Condo development.
Currently Tahoe City has a full-time, year-around population of just over 1,557 people per the 2010 US Census. Downtown Tahoe City is known for its charming Alpine Mountain village setting, lake views, and its friendly small-town atmosphere.
Tahoe City is known for it's great year-around recreational appeal. In the winter, residents enjoy world class snow skiing and having a choice of near-by ski resorts such as Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows Ski Resort, Homewood Ski Resort, and the Northstar Ski Resort area are just a few reason why Tahoe City is so desirable.
In addition to the amazing winter sports that the area enjoys, our amazing summers are second to none. Tahoe City residents enjoy wonderful beaches, boating, water skiing, paddle boarding, stand-up paddle boarding, kayak, canoeing, hiking, biking, mountain biking, walking, not to mention BBQ season on your deck. The California Tahoe City lifestyle commands a market premium and is often a life-time goal by many to own property in the area.
Tahoe City is located in unincorporated Placer County in California, which means despite the "City" in "Tahoe City's" name, the area is not incorporated and law enforcement comes from Placer County Sheriff's department, and from the California Highway Patrol. Tahoe City has a larger commercial core area with a post office, grocery stores, several restaurants, gas stations, and an assortment of stores and services in the area.
Tahoe City's close proximity to Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking (dirt and paved trails), tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants makes this a great area for those that enjoy being outdoors, and looking to get away from it all.
Tahoe City offers something for everyone including homes on both the West Shore and North Shore areas.
See all of the Tahoe City area mountain homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call, I'm here ready to help you too!
More information about Tahoe City area is below the home search links!
Tahoe City is easily accessed all year-long and is a nice mix of full-time residents and second home owners.
There are several West Shore subdivisions in the Tahoe City, California area that are very popular subdivisions:
- Tahoe Sierra
Estates (+/- 68 Parcels in the Tahoe Sierra Estates Subdivision per Placer County Records)
Woods (+/- 83 Parcels in the Tahoe Woods Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Talmont (+/- 369 Parcels in the Talmont Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Tahoe Park (+/- 353 Parcels in the Tahoe Park Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Twin Peaks (+/- 115 Parcels in the Twin Peaks Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Alpine Peaks (+/- 297 Parcels in the Alpine Peaks Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Sunnyside (+/- 52 Parcels in the Sunnyside Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Pineland (+/- 208 Parcels in the Pineland Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Ward Creek (+/- 30 Parcels in the Ward Creek Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Timberland (+/- 192 Parcels in the Timberland Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Comstock Acres (+/- 143 Parcels in the Comstocks Acres Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Cathedral Forest (+/- 65 Parcels in the Cathedral Forest Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Tahoe Tavern
Heights (+/- 164 Parcels in the Tahoe Tavern Heights Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Miramar Heights (+/- 45 Parcels in the Miramar Heights Subdivision per Placer County Records)
There are several North Shore subdivisions in the Tahoe City, California area that are also very popular subdivisions:
Point (+/- 569 Parcels in the Dollar Point Subdivision per Placer County Records)
Highlands ( # Parcels in The Highlands Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Panorama Estates (+/- 53 Parcels in the Panorama Estates Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Lake Forest (+/- Parcels in the Lake Forest Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Bittencourt (+/- 106 Parcels in the Bittencourt Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Tahoe City Terrace (+/- 46 Parcels in the Tahoe City Terrace Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Bunker Tract (+/- 63 Parcels in the Bunker Tract Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Fairway Tract (+/- 37 Parcels in the Fairway Tract Subdivision per Placer County Record
The Tahoe City area has single family home lots (including lakefront / waterfront, split lakefront/waterfront), duplex, triplex, four-plex, motel, and commercial lots in this community. The Tahoe City area is one of the larger communities and is unique because it is located on both the West Shore of Lake Tahoe and the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe City is one of the larger communities, but it still has a small housing supply when compared to other areas around Lake Tahoe and the greater Truckee area, which is one of the factors that contributes to the higher home and condo prices in the area.
It is easy to get around in Tahoe City as the subdivisions are smaller. Home owners that want to belong to one of the recreational home owner amenities associations will find their options are limited. Tahoe City Property owners with a Home Owner Association option will find those properties tend to carry a market premium over other neighborhoods where that HOA membership is not an option
Tahoe City Home Owner Associations:
Lake Tahoe Park aka "Tahoe Park"
Home Owner groups typically offer access to private beach areas. HOA groups often offer shared pier use, and/or buoy rental options. Some HOA groups also have a pool and tennis court areas, it just depends on the HOA group and the amenities and features they are offering that can add value to that neighborhood and property.
The primary benefit for home owners that have access to a private recreational area is to gain access to Lake Tahoe beaches and waterfront amenities that typically do not come with non-lakefront properties.
Membership into most local Tahoe City HOA groups is voluntary, but some are mandatory.
Tahoe City lakefronts, waterfronts, mountain homes, cabins, and cottages range in price from just under $400,000 to just under $20 million. The selection of Tahoe City homes is diverse and houses range from small studio Tahoe cabins to multi-million dollar lakefront estates.
The Tahoe City area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Tahoe City Homes Sold Market Data, Market Trends, and Information:
Looking for Tahoe City real estate market data? Want to know current market trends? Get current Tahoe City Homes Sold Market data and for previous years. Get total homes sold, high, low, average median home sales prices, % cash buyers, % distressed sellers, and more here.
Tahoe City Community Details:
- Tahoe City is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96145
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Tahoe City is approximately 6,235 feet above sea level
- Approximately +/- 189 Total lakefront parcels for Tahoe City per Placer County Records
- Approximately +/- 98 West Shore Tahoe City Lakefront parcels per Placer County Records
- Approximately +/-91 North Shore Tahoe City Lakefront parcels per Placer County Records
- Approximately +/- 7 North Shore Tahoe City Beach front parcels per Placer County Records
- Approximately +/- 17 West Shore Tahoe City Split Lakefront parcels per Placer County Records
- Approximately +/- 1,137 Condo Units in Tahoe City (394 Units on the West Shore and 742 Units on the North Shore)
- Approximately 15 Condominium/Townhouse Developments in Tahoe City (5 developments on the West Shore and 10 developments on the North Shore)
- Multiple zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots, Duplex/Triplex/Four-plex, Motel, Commercial Areas
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System at 950 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, California located in the commercial building of the Lighthouse development
- Most homes are heated by natural gas, or electricity, however, there are a few homes that are on propane gas, and a few have some solar energy features
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to hold their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through various local Water Companies, the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD), or by private water well.
- Sewer - All properties in the Tahoe City area must be tied into the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks and Resorts:
- Nearest mini-mart - West Shore | West Shore Market, Sunnyside, West Shore, Tahoe City, CA
- Nearest mini-mart - North Shore | 7-Eleven, Dollar Point, North Shore, Tahoe City, CA
- Nearest mini-mart - Downtown Tahoe City, CA
- Grocery Markets - Downtown Tahoe City, CA
- Nearest Gas Stations - Downtown Tahoe City
Tahoe City Area Photographs:
Tahoe City, California Single Family Home Current Real Estate MLS Listings:
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
Cal BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.