8000 and 8004 North Lake Blvd.
Kings Beach, California 96143
Lakefront Condominium Development
North Shore Lake Tahoe, California
The Sweetbriar Condominium Development is a lakefront development located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Kings Beach, California community. Located at the intersection of Highway 28 South and Highway 267, Sweetbriar owners are right in the heart of downtown Kings Beach, California.
Sweetbriar is a small gated, lakefront development in North Lake Tahoe with approximately twelve (12) units, with each unit then being divided up into fractional ownership. which include lakefront units in the development. The Sweetbriar complex is one of the newer developments on the North Shore as units were built between 1991 - 1998.
Sweetbriar offered a variety of floor plans with one (1), two (2), and three (3) bedroom layouts. Many of the units have filtered lake views of Lake Tahoe, along with the unobstructed lake views from the lakefront units. There are six (6) lakefront units with each unit having a one (1) car garage and there are six (6) garden units that are smaller that are also in the development.
Sweetbriar is a condominium development that offers fractional ownership in each unit. Originally each unit was set-up for 1/6 ownership, which give an owner eight (8) to nine (9) weeks a year of use depending on the owner use rotation schedule. Fractional ownership is not the same thing as "Time Share Ownership". Each share owner has their own Placer County Assessor number (APN#), and each share owner is responsible for their HOA fees and their property taxes that come with each share.
Sweetbriar is technically a beach front development, which means the public has a right to be out in front of the development on the public beach that is between the lakefront units and the water line of Lake Tahoe.
The Sweetbriar Condo development offers their owners a sandy beach area, and buoy access through the HOA group. Owners enjoy a small HOA group environment, and a lower HOA fee structure than some of the other lakefront developments in the area.
Located close to Kings Beach on the North Lake Tahoe, the Sweetbriar condo development is close to the golf course, shopping, restaurants, Northstar Ski Resort, and the Nevada State line and all of the recreational activities the Lake Tahoe area has to offer.
Ready to start your Sweetbriar condo property search?
Click on the link below to see if there are any fractional shares available for sale. You may have a unit in mind, so if you don't see the unit, or if there are no shares for sale, call me 530.414.1260
Want to know what your Sweetbriar Share is worth?
Sweetbriar Condominium Complex Features:
- Lakefront Development
- Buoy Option (2 Buoys per California State Lands) Additional fee to use the buoys see HOA current policy for more information.
- Sandy Beach
- Lakefront Condos
- Lake View Condos
- Forest/Garden/Meadow Condos
- One (1), Two (2), and Three (3) Bedroom Floor Plans
- 12 Units in the complex (each unit is then broken into ownership shares)
- 6 Lakefront units - Each Lakefront unit has a 1 car attached garage
- 6 Garden Units - 3 upstairs and 3 downstairs units
- Ownership is Fractional Shares in each unit was originally set up as 1/6 ownership giving owners approximately eight (8) weeks of use a year. Please note that there are a couple of units that are whole ownership (100%). Lakefront Unit LF-1 has a different ownership model.
- There is a rotation schedule on the selection of weeks. Back-to-back week use is possible.
- Development is approximately +/- 3 Acres
- Built in: Built in the 1990's (1991 - 1998)
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium - Fractional Ownership
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Units come "turn-key" ready, fully furnished for immediate use by all owners.
- Best day to preview and see the units that are for sale as a buyer is Friday between 12 noon - 3 p.m.
- Owner use is defined as Check in Friday at 4 p.m. to Check out on Friday by 11 a.m.
- HOA fees do vary by the size of the unit for lakefront units (3 bedrooms) they are approximately $445/month (For 2017) and for the smaller units approximately $283/month (For 2017) for the two (2) bedroom (garden) units.
- Cleaning Fee - Each owner pays a separate cleaning fee after each use in additional to the monthly HOA fee. The actual cleaning fee will varies depending on the size of the unit and on the actual condition to be cleaned. In the past, for an average clean the smaller units have run around $50/clean to $150/clean for the lakefront units.
- HOA fee covers all utilities along with wireless internet, phone, insurance, snow removal and landscaping.
- Owners are individual responsible for their own property taxes as each share is a deeded ownership.
- Each unit has a house/president leader and with in that group, they can decide on special assessments for upgrades, remodeling, and other one-time charges.
- Transfer Fee between Buyers and Sellers is about $500 (For the Year: 2017)
Check out the pictures of the Sweetbriar Condominium Development Here:
Sweetbriar Condo Shares current real estate MLS listings:
Overview and summary of this complex completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
Cal BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice. Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.