McKinney Shores, Homewood, California
Located on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
The McKinney Shores neighborhood of Homewood, California is located approximately seven (7) miles south of the “Y” in Tahoe City on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe. The McKinney Shores neighborhood is located in Placer County, California.
The McKinney Shores area is a very small, West Lake Tahoe neighborhood that is located between the Homewood Ski Resort area and Chambers Landing.
There are approximately 117 lots in the McKinney Shores neighborhood. This West Shore
neighborhood is close to Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking (dirt and paved trails), tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
The McKinney Shores neighborhood is a mix of larger, newer luxury mountain homes, along with smaller, older Tahoe cabins. There are a limited number of lakefront homes, but the McKinney Shores area does have a number of split lakefront properties, along with good lake view homes in this neighborhood.
Most of the owners in the McKinney Shores neighborhood are members in the local home owners group that is very desirable with its own gated beach area, shared pier, and buoys, located directly off Highway 89 South.
The McKinney Shores neighborhood is known for its easy year-around access, and the larger-sized lots. This vacation-resort, second home neighborhood has nice wide streets, a good mountain feel to it, and when it snows, home owners really know that they are living near the Homewood Ski Resort area on the West Shore!
One of the features that most McKinney Shores homes for sale have is the McKinney Shores Property Owners Association (MSPOA) membership. The MSPOA is an optional home owners’ association and their amenities include a gated private beach area, shared pier, lawn area, and buoys for members to use, just to name a few of benefits of membership. McKinney Shores real estate is very popular with home owners that are looking for lake access.
McKinney Shores Subdivision (Approximately +/- 117 Parcels)
The McKinney Shores area is made up of single family home lots (including lakefront / waterfront lots / Split lakefronts)), lake view, and mountain setting lots. The McKinney Shores area is one of the more expensive locations on the West Shore.
McKinney Shores Property Owners Association (MSPOA):
The McKinney Shores MSPOA has a lakefront amenity recreational area located at West Lake Blvd, Homewood, which has a gated Lake Tahoe beach area, BBQ/picnic area, a nice lawn area, pier, and the buoy field.
Home owners in the McKinney Shores subdivision has been very reasonable at under $500/year in 2017.
The primary benefit of the MSPOA is to provide a resort-like experience for members by providing access to Lake Tahoe beaches, shared pier use, and a buoy access (see HOA rules for more information on buoy use) along with other recreational amenities.
Membership into the MSPOA can only be gained through property ownership with in the defined McKinney Shores subdivision.
McKinney Shores homes and cabins start around $700,000, with split lakefronts priced at just under $2 million. The selection of McKinney Shores homes will vary from none to three or four homes at any one given time. The McKinney Shores area offers a variety of homes from a very modest Tahoe cabin, or mountain homes to a multi-million dollar luxury lakefront estate.
The McKinney Shores area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Ready to start your McKinney Shores real estate property search? See all of the McKinney Shores area homes, cabins, split lakefronts, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call 530.414.1260, I'm here ready to help you too!
There's more information and photos on the McKinney Shores neighborhood below the search buttons!
Homes for Sale in McKinney Shores
Homes for Sale under $1 million in McKinney Shores
McKinney Shores Lakefront and Split Lakefront Homes for Sale
McKinney Shores Luxury Homes for Sale
McKinney Shores Subdivision Details:
- McKinney Shores is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96141
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in McKinney Shores is approximately 6,225 feet above sea level per Wikipedia.org
- Approximately 117 +/- Residential parcels
- Approximately +/- Lakefront parcels
- Zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System - Homewood, California located in the heart of the commercial core of Homewood, CA at 5375 West Lake Blvd.
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, or electricity, but there are some solar, and oil fueled homes
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD).
- Sewer - All properties in the McKinney Shores area must be tied into the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- McKinney Shores HOA Fee is mandatory and is $475/year (For the year: 2017)
- Buoy Access - See HOA docs for more information, however cost us $225/year (For the year: 2017)
- Nearby Public and State Parks and Ski Resorts:
Chambers Landing Public Beach in Homewood
- Nearest Mini-Mart - Obexer's General Store - 5300 West Lake Blvd, Homewood, CA 530.525.1300
- Nearest Mini-Mart - PDQ Food Store - 6890 West Lake Blvd., Tahoma, CA 530.525.7411
- Nearest gas stations - Tahoe City!
McKinney Shores, Homewood, California
Current Real Estate MLS Listings
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
CRS, BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.