The Martis Camp
neighborhood in Truckee, California is located approximately six (6) miles south west of downtown Historic Truckee and approximately thirteen (13) miles north of Kings Beach in Lake Tahoe, California. The Martis Camp subdivision is located in Placer County.
The Martis Camp neighborhood is a gated residential neighborhood location that is considered an ultra luxury Tahoe community. It is a highly sought after Tahoe second home owners location.
Martis Camp is located near the Northstar Ski Resort area,and the development has its own Northstar Ski Resort lift making it a ski-in and ski-out luxury resort neighborhood in Truckee, CA.
In addition to being a world class private golf resort, Martis Camp is also a ski-in and ski-out development and they have their own private lakefront property on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, giving home owners a rare and unique combination with all three highly sought after recreational amenitities for the North Lake Tahoe-Truckee area.
Martis Camp is a planned unit development for single family homes and it is a new/newer construction luxury home development started just over ten years ago in 2006. Martis Camp is located on +/- 2,177 acres of forest and has approximately +/-671 home sites.
The Martis Camp gated community has been ranked as one of the best second home neighborhoods in the United States and has set the standard for luxury Tahoe living.
You'll find that the homes here are beautiful and showcase the very best in Tahoe living and lifestyle. Martis Camp homes are the reason buyers want a second home here in North Lake Tahoe area. While Martis Camp offers one of the largest selection of high-end, designer, custom built homes in the greater North Lake Tahoe area, you will also find that it will be very difficult to purchase a completed home for under $3 million in this ultra exclusive gated neighborhood community.
Martis Camp offer a variety of mountain style home ranging from a traditional log-cabin style design to the popular mountain home with big wooden beams and rustic touches, to the newest style of Mountain contemporary that blends the very best design features of modern architecture with the traditional Tahoe mountain style home that has created some of the most amazing home designs in the area.
While the Martis Camp area offers new/newer construction luxury homes, it's the home owner amenities that they offer their owners that has made this such a popular neighborhood. Some of the recreational amenities home owners enjoy are the championship 18-Hole Golf Course by Tom Fazio.
Need to work on your short game, then check out the 18-Hole Putting Park designed by Dick Bailey, or the driving range and practice area. The Lodge is home to the 18th hole, along with the year-around lap pool men's and women's locker rooms, fitness center, spa, and restaurants and lounges.
If you're a skier, you'll love the ski-in and ski-out facilities with Martis Camp having their own chair lift into the Northstar Ski Resort. If you're not a skier but want to meet up with everyone for lunch you'll enjoy the Lookout Lodge. In the warmer months once the snow has melted away perhaps you'll work on your tennis game at the Tennis Court Pavilion.
If spending time at the beach and reading a book is your idea of a perfect day, Martis Camp has their own Martis Camp Beach Shack, which is anything but a shack! Dip your toes into the cool water of Lake Tahoe, and have fun on the sandy beach.
Martis Camp also has playground equipment, a lost library, and we haven't even touched on the amazing Family Barn, which is home to the seasonal swimming pool, bowling, basketball, theater, games, arts and crafts, not to mention a place to grab a quick meal.
Last, but not least, is the Park Pavilion area, which is a great place to meet-up and have a Bocce Ball game, lawn bowling, volleyball game, croquet, soccer match, horseshoes, or just sit back and watch the fun. There is so much to do, or not do at Martis Camp that your days will be filled with the activities that make you smile and wanting just one more day here.
Martis Camp Subdivision Details:
- Martis Camp is a gated community located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96161
- Elevation in Martis Camp is approximately +/- 6,100 feet above sea level with a range of 5,900 - 7,100 feet above sea level
- Approximately +/- 671 Residential Homesites
- Approximately +/- 523 Homes built, or under construction, or approximately 75% of the development has been built out as of 2017 -2018.
- Started in 2006 the last Developer homesite was sold in 2017. Only re-sales are available for homesite lots, or homes.
- Estate Homesites average .5+ acres, with most in the one (1) -two (2) acres range and homes can be up to 9,000 square feet in size
- Cabin Homesites average 0.3 to 0.6 acres in size located around the amenity core areas and are limited in size to 3,250 square feet in size
- Guest Homesites
- All Homesite are subject to the Architectural Home Design Review and Approval required on all properties, but style can vary from a traditional log lodge cabin to mountain contemporary.
- Camp Lodge - 50,000 square foot club center located above the 18th green with a Golf shop, Dining & Lounge, Fitness Facilities, Day Spa, Men and Women Locker Rooms and Facilities, Outdoor Year-Around Lap Pool, Soaking and Jetted Tub
- 18 Hole Golf Course designed by Tom Fazio | Par 72, yardage 7,298 - 7,751 Rated by Golf Digest in 2009 as the 3rd Best Private Course in the U.S. opened in 2006,
- Practice Area and Driving Range 18 Hole Golf Putting Park designed by Dick Bailey
- Lookout Lodge - 8,000 square foot facility with Dining, Sundeck, Ski/Boot Storage, which is next to the Martis Camp Express providing Direct Ski Access to Northstar CaliforniaÔ
- Family Barn - 18,000 square foot building, which is home to a Seasonal Summer Swimming Pool, Indoor Basketball Court, Two (2) Bowling Lanes, 44-Seat Theater, Arts and Crafts Loft with Folk School, Arcade and Fishing Lake, Dining & Lounge
- Outdoor Concert Amphitheater
- The Park Pavilion and Sporting Field with Soccer Basketball, Sand Volleyball, Croquet, Bocce Ball, Lawn Bowling, Horseshoes, and Labyrinth
- Tennis Courts - Four (4) Courts and Pavilion
- Martis Camp Beach Shack - a lakefront property on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in Tahoe Vista with sandy beach, Dining, and access to boat buoys.
- Over twenty (20+) miles of Trails for Hiking and Cross Country Skiing
- Lost Library housed in a Cottage in the Woods & Children's Play Area
- US Mail Delivery via the Central Box System located in the - Martis Camp
- Water is supplied to the area through
- Sewer - All properties in the Martis Camp area use a public sewer system.
- Martis Camp Home Owners Fees:
- $900/quarter, or $3,600 year (For the Year: 2018), which covers the guard gate, common road use maintenance and snow removal in the development, along with a shared fee/cost for road maintenance and snow removal on the main Shaffer's Mills Road into the subdivision.
- All Homesites sold by the builder came with a Social Membership valued at over $100,000. Each Social Membership has an annual dues fee.
- Martis Camp Social Membership - Annual Fee $10,000 (For the year: 2018)
- Golf Memberships are offered separately and are offered with an initiation fee of $130,000 (For the year: 2018)
- Martis Camp Golf Membership - Annual Fee $17,000 (For the year: 2018)
- Conveyance Fee: 1% of the Sales Price
- Social Membership Club Transfer fee of $10,000 (For the Year: 2018)
- Golf Transfer Fee is not available, but there is a transfer fee for Golf Club Memberships.
You'll find that to get into the Martis Camp area for under $3 million is a challenge, but you'll find a good selection of beautiful Tahoe mountain homes in the $3.5 million to $15 million price range.
The Martis Camp neighborhood is a favorite for Tahoe second home owners and is a great place to live all year long!
Ready to start your Martis Camp Tahoe real estate property search?
See all of the Martis Camp homes, cabins, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call, I'm here ready to help you too!
Martis Camp, Truckee, California Current Real Estate MLS Listings:
Want to know what your Martis Camp Home is Worth?
Call Laura Allen at 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®, CRS
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.