Rubicon Bay, California
Located on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
One of Tahoe’s best kept secrets is the Rubicon Bay community. The Rubicon Bay, California area starts approximately twelve (12) miles south of the “Y” in Tahoe City on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe and ends right before the D.L. Bliss State Park in Emerald Bay.
Rubicon Bay area is a very small, West Lake Tahoe community that is just a few miles south of Tahoma, California. The Rubicon neighborhood is known for their wonderful lakefront homes with their sandy white beaches and unreal blue colored waters of Lake Tahoe.
The Rubicon Bay neighborhood is a mix of smaller, older, Tahoe cabins along with larger, newer luxury mountain homes and lakefront properties. The Rubicon Bay community is very popular with second home owners.
There are several subdivisions in Rubicon Bay. Some of the more popular subdivisions are:
The total number of residential parcels in the Rubicon Bay area is currently estimated at just under 500 parcels at +/-471 lots. There are approximately thirty-five (35) lakefront (waterfront) parcels in the Rubicon Bay area. There are no condominium / townhouse developments in Rubicon Bay.
One reason this area is so desirable is the large number of non-lakefront, lakeside (homes located on the lakeside of California Highway 89 South) mountain homes and cabins. A lakeside location means owners are just a short walk, bike ride, or drive to the beach without having to cross the highway, avoiding the hassle of traffic.
The upside for mountain homes and cabins that are located on the mountain-side of Highway 89 South, are the stunning views of Rubicon Bay and Lake Tahoe.
One benefit of property ownership in the Rubicon Bay area is the access to the voluntary private homeowner associations (HOAs) Lake Tahoe beach areas and lakefront amenities. This means a non-lakefront property owners gains access to Lake Tahoe beaches, shared pier use, and buoy access (see HOA rules for more information) through their private Rubicon Bay area homeowner associations in the area.
Membership into the Rubicon property home owner associations is voluntary, and the only requirement is that the owner seeking membership into one of the groups owns a property in the HOA’s designated neighborhood/subdivisions and pays the required annual HOA fees.
Rubicon Home Owner Associations:
Rubicon Tahoe Owners (RTO) Association, Inc. has two areas the RTO North Beach 8695 Beach Lane, Rubicon Bay, and the RTO South Beach area on Rubicon Drive, Rubicon Bay, CA.
Rubicon Park Estates Improvement Association, homeowner beach area is located at 8860 Victoria Circle, Rubicon Bay, CA.
Rubicon Bay lakefronts, homes and cabins range in price from $500,000 to just under $20 million. The selection of Rubicon Bay homes for sale at any given time is always limited due to the small supply of homes that are located in this area.
The Rubicon Bay area is a favorite for second home owners and is a great place to get away from it all, but it’s also a wonderful place to live all year long!
Ready to start your Rubicon Bay Tahoe real estate property search?
Rubicon Bay Current Real Estate MLS Listings:
See all of the Rubicon Bay area homes, cabins, lakefronts, and land currently listed for sale in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple listing service here.
If you don't find what you are looking for, give me a call 530.414.1260, I'm here ready to help you too!
Rubicon Bay Community Details:
- Rubicon Bay is located in unincorporated El Dorado county in the state of California, zip code 96142
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Rubicon Bay is approximately 6,240 feet above sea level
- Approximately +/-471 parcels
- Approximately +/-35 Lakefront parcels
- No Condo or Townhouse developments in the Rubicon Bay Area
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System - closest post office is Tahoma, California
- Most homes are heated by either electricity, or propane gas. Currently natural gas in not available in the area.
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a "bear box" to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD).
- Sewer - All properties in the Rubicon Bay area must be tied into the TCPUD public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks:
- No commercial services in Rubicon Bay, CA
- Nearest mini-mart - PDQ in Tahoma, CA
- Nearest gas stations - it's a toss up between South Shore and Tahoe City!
Overview and summary of this neighborhood completed by:
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent, Tahoe REALTOR®
Cal BRE# 01473598
Coldwell Banker CalBRE# 01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice. Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.